The Stockton Police Department have reason to believe five murders in recent months are connected to a single person of interest, and are offering a reward for info leading to their arrest. UPDATE: Reward up to $125,000!
As of 2022, the City of Stockton has investigated a total of 43 homicides. Five of these appear to be related, according to Stockton Police Investigators. All five were shooting-related homicides, and occurred late at night or early in the morning:
- July 8, 2022 at 12:31 AM, 35-year-old White man that occurred in the 5600 block of Kermit Lane.
- August 11, 2022 at 9:49 PM, 43-year-old Hispanic man that occurred in the 4900 block of West Lane.
- August 30, 2022 at 6:41 AM, 21-year-old Hispanic man in the 800 block E. Hammer Lane.
- September 21, 2022 at 4:27 AM, 52-year-old Hispanic man in the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue.
- September 27, 2022 at 1:53 AM, 54-year-old Hispanic man in the 900 block of Porter Avenue.
After reviewing surveillance footage, Stockton Police Investigators believe they have identified a person of interest, as seen in the image below. They are offering a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of this person of interest, and the Stockton Crime Fighters are offering another $10,000 reward for the same.
If you have any information regarding these homicides, call 209-937-8167. You can also email info to email@example.com. Video surveillance can be submitted to stocktonpdca.evidence.com/axon/citizen/public/tips2022. Anonymous information can be submitted to Stockton Crime Stoppers at 209-946-0600 or stocktoncrimestoppers.org
Update: October 7, 2022
The Stockton Police Department have given an update and believe this investigation has a sixth homicide on the south-side of Stockton. The crime occurred earlier this year on April 16, 2022 around N. Union St. and E. Park St. The victim was a 46-year-old Black female.
Other organizations have contributed to the reward. It is now at $125,000 for information regarding the person of interest photographed above. A video of the same person of interest can be found here.