The Stockton Police Department, in conjunction with other agencies, have arrested a suspect in the recent serial homicides.
On the afternoon of October 15, 2022, Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden and Stockton Mayor Kevin Lincoln held a press conference to announce the recent arrest of suspected serial killer, 43-year-old male Wesley Brownlee.
Authorities believe this man is responsible for five recent homicides around Stockton this year. A sixth homicide from last year is believed to be connected to the other five:
- April 16, 2021, 46-year-old Black woman that occurred on the corner of N. Union St. and E. Park St.
- July 8, 2022 at 12:31 AM, 35-year-old White man that occurred in the 5600 block of Kermit Lane.
- August 11, 2022 at 9:49 PM, 43-year-old Hispanic man that occurred in the 4900 block of West Lane.
- August 30, 2022 at 6:41 AM, 21-year-old Hispanic man in the 800 block E. Hammer Lane.
- September 21, 2022 at 4:27 AM, 52-year-old Hispanic man in the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue.
- September 27, 2022 at 1:53 AM, 54-year-old Hispanic man in the 900 block of Porter Avenue.
The Police Department want to remind everyone that this is still an active investigation, and Mr. Brownlee must be prosecuted. They are encouraging anyone with information to call their tip line at (209) 937-8167. You can also email information to email@example.com.
Anonymous tips can be submitted to Stockton Crime Stoppers three different ways:
- TYPE – Submit a Tip online using the Stockton Crime Stoppers website at StocktonCrimeStoppers.org
- TALK – Call Stockton Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600.
- DOWNLOAD the P3 Tips Mobile App and submit tips anonymously.
Thanks to community tips and police work, the Stockton Police Department arrested Mr. Brownlee at 2:00am on October 15 as he was driving around Village Green Drive and Winslow Avenue. The suspect was carrying a firearm when officers took him into custody. Thankfully, no one was harmed.
Agencies working alongside the Stockton Police Department include San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office, San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Bureau of Investigations, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, San Joaquin County Probation Department, Lodi Police Department, Manteca Police Department, Lathrop Police Department, Tracy Police Department, Oakland Police Department, California Highway Patrol, California Department of Justice, California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation Parole, Chicago Illinois Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, ATF, and United States Marshals.